Friday, August 3, 2007

Time is drawing near

Wow, "bad military day", I haven't had one of these things in a while. So I'm locked up in my office with the blinds drawn closed, a note is written on my dry erase board that hangs on my closed door. The note reads, "Gone to lunch...". I have my newly purchased ipod playing with my headphones on. Then a song comes on, "God Give Me Strength". I like that song by Bette Midler, it may not be my scenario, but I start to think about my son going off to war again. I start watching an old commercial that I love from Budweiser of the soldier getting off the airplane and coming through the airport and everyone in the airport stands up and applauds as the soldiers walk through. At the end, the words "Thank you" are shown. How that gives me chills, so I saved it. I'm still listening to Bette and start thinking about how close my son is to redeploying again. sigh I try to fight the tears. Afterall, the last thing I need is to have my office see me cry. On my wall I have my son's battallion's calendar. August happens to be my birth month and it also happens to be the month my son's Company is showing. My son's picture is on it. I cry. Then I hear the words, "God Give Me Strength", and I think "please, I think I'm going to need it this deployment". I really thought the second would be much easier, I think it's harder. I've been doing my best not to really think about his deployment, but I know down inside, the time is being watched and felt. I still remember how I felt when I got the phone call from his base saying that his plane had landed on base, he had truly returned. I cried in the aisle of Vons. lol The grocery checkout clerk, asked what was wrong and I told her, she gave me a hug and said congratulations.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I found your site. I don't understand what you are going through yet, son is still in training. I just wanted to say at least you could close your door and release your emotions.
Hang in there.
Shelly