Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I'm back...


and had a wonderful time with my son. I had a chance to meet some of his buddies and see the barracks both new and old. He is scheduled to fly out soon but he seems to be in good spirits. A little stressed but doing well. Don't get me wrong, he's not happy about going, I don't think anyone is but he has a job to do and is ready to do the job at hand.

I have always enjoyed visiting the various bases as they're all different. Some are older than others and are quite interesting. Most have some type of display and the barracks are interesting to see, the old and the new. It has always impressed me how bases are like a city within a city, pretty much self contained. My son seemed to take some enjoyment of showing us around. The town he's in, well, not condusive to young adults but perhaps it keeps them out of trouble. lol

We did our best not to cry when we said our good-byes but gave each other a big hug. He asked me if I was crying after he said stop, I told him, I won't until he's gone. This good-bye was easier being that we weren't at the airport. For some reason, it just didn't seem as bad. Are eyes were watery but we were good. He said I'll see you soon, well some months down the road. He's hoping he won't have to take leave so soon after deployment but he doesn't have much of a say in that. Last deployment, he was only there for about 2.5 months before he had to take leave. That sucked because when he went back, he had 10 months left. So hopefully this time since he has a higher rank and one tour under his belt he'll have more say in it this time. We'll just have to wait and see.

Proud Army Mom Out
Hooah!

No comments: