Sunday, August 19, 2007

It's getting closer


Well in a few days I'll be off to see my son before deployment. I look forward to seeing where he sleeps, his base, his friends and the surrounding area. Just like to see the part of his life that is so far from home.

How I'm going to miss him. He seems in good spirits, he got a chance to go to New York City which is something he had been wanting to do. He's been there before (sort of) but it really doesn't count when you're there for a flight layover for a couple of hours. I can't wait to see the pictures, assuming he took some.

I'm starting to pack to be ready. Trying to pack lightly but I still need my computer, camera etc. Oh well, it'll be fun, I just don't want to have to check luggage in if I don't have to.

Something I did find odd even for me, I'm actually enjoying the show Army Wives. Interesting, I always wanted to live on a base, but my father was out of the service by the time I was around. I just think bases are really cool. Some are old and the building reflect the time period (for some) and it's just neat. I did a USO show at Camp Roberts once, that was pretty cool too. To think that I'm singing on the same stage that Bob Hope once performed on.

Well back to packing for me.

No comments: