Sunday, November 2, 2008

Preparations...

...in preparing for my son to come home I realize how much work needs to be done. When he left, a friend of my husband (and now my friend) moved in. We are not asking him to move out but I now need to make room for our son. Since I'm in a lazy mood, as well as nursing a hurt toe, (I tore my toenail the other day, ouch, below the cuticle line) and a bum knee things are not going as quickly as I would like.

Then I found out recently that I must fly to Tennessee mid-November for 4 days. I mentioned it to my son and his reply was, "can you come visit me?", drats how I wish I had the money to do this. However, my trip is business related and I won't be able to deviate from the itinerary. What I also learned is the flight from NY to TN is not exactly a quick trip. I'm horrible with geography but for some reason I thought it was closer.

So my husband and I are looking at a throw away party, which should be interesting to see who's stuff gets thrown away or who throws more stuff away. Just a lot of work but I can't wait until he's home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

karen...I hear ya! My hubster and I did a house clean up and was able to donate a bunch of stuff to Purple Heart... men are amazing with their ability to ask why we need certain items, yet a brass wall lamp missing the shade is a must keep? Oh my!
We survived! I quickly became a tape recorder- "Ha-Ha, you're a funny guy" play, rewind, play, rewind.

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

I'm needing to do major cleaning too but I have cards all over to finish sorting first. Gotta get em all bagged up before the 15th to get em ready to send overseas. Then I get to start preparing the house for holidays. Tonite & tomorrow nite are homecomings for 2Marines & Sunday we have 110 Marines coming home...I can't wait!! Have a great week.