Thursday, November 6, 2008

The reality of it all


I got a call from my son today. He wanted to let me know of his plans to travel to Texas. He should be there this weekend. He's going to visit the family of one of the fallen soldiers in his unit. He was close to JD and since he was unable to attend the funeral he wanted to pay his respects now that he is stateside. I wish I could be there for him as I know he'll need the support, but Emard's mom is a good woman and those two will need some time to grieve together. God willing, perhaps they will find some comfort and heal some. I know it's been hard on the whole unit, mothers of the unit, and to be expected particularly hard on the soldiers. I pray for Emard's family to help his mom find some comfort, she has to some extent by helping others but let us never forget the sacrifice she has made and her son. RIP JD.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

karen...your son is such an awesome man. My prayers will be lifted for the Emard family, I find it impossible to imagine their pain. Ms. Emard is now a Gold Star Mother, my heart goes to her.
May Almighty God Bless JD and bring comfort to his family.

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...