Sunday, October 5, 2008

Let the Countdown Begin



How happy I am to write this. The countdown begins!!! Well it is more than 30 days but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel, til my son comes back stateside. I'm so thrilled. I miss him soo much, it'll be nice to have him back on US soil. I just pray mentally he'll be ok. He's been through a lot this deployment and has grown in more ways than I can count. I won't be going to the homecoming because of where he'll be and where I'm at, my husband and I can't afford it. Not to mention we'll only get about 72 hours of advance notice which makes that tough too. The ceremony is only about 10 minutes but what he really wanted was a girl waiting for him when he gets back. Feel bad for him, but relationships while you're in the service is a tough one. It's really hard to establish a good relationship when you're not around to help cultivate it.

More to come later.

Army Mom Out

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ArmyMom...my prayers are for your son, our hero...to arrive safely and spend some time with his folks!



~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

How exciting for you....I hope this month flies by. I hope you will get in touch with the Patriot Guard Riders & have them there when your son comes home. It will be an expierience neither you or your son will forget! HOOAH!