Friday, June 26, 2009

Just not a good day for me



So I come home and wonder where everyone is. The dogs are locked up in the kitchen, the tv is on in the livingroom but no son in sight. I walk back to the bedroom, the door is shut, I go in no sign of my husband but his tv is on too. I so walk past the dogs and walk outside being careful not to let them out. I assume there's a reason why they can't get out. I see my husband and son kneeling over a box seemingly petting whatever is in the box. I think, did they bring home another pet? Then my son looks up at me and shakes his head. I realized I was wrong. I walk closer to the box to discover my cat, Kismet in the box lying down. She doesn't seem to be moving. They tell me she was hit by a car about 20 minutes before I came home. I pet her as I see no sign of life to her. I cry.









RIP Kismet, you were loved and will be sorely missed.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry.
~AM

MikeD'sArmyMom said...

I am sorry for your loss. *hugs*

Unknown said...

Just checking in on you! I hope all is well in our world!
~AM

Karen said...

Thank you for the kind words. I think about the little kitty often. We just all miss her and such a senseless and avoidable act.