Friday, June 5, 2009

In Memory...



Yesterday marked the one year anniversary when 3 members of my son's unit were killed in action in Iraq. June 4, 2008, Sgt. Shane Duffy, Sgt. Cody Legg and Spc. JD Emard gave there all in Iraq. Never to be forgotten and always thought of as a hero.

I wanted to call Emard's mother but I was busy worrying about my son. I came home and he was drunk, upset and crying. It doesn't seem like it was a year ago when I got that called that told me everything would be different from here on out. My heart dropped when I hear it was a soldier that I had met and spent the weekend with and his family. My son was terribly upset as he was there when the sh*t hit the fan. The stories I have heard just broke my heart and to come to the realization how easily it could have been my son and many more. I thank God for that and try to remember He had a reason and perhaps it was as simple as it was their time.

Looking back I see how this has changed so many people. Even though my son and other are no longer with this unit some of the mothers still keep in touch. This point in time has bonded many people together forever. We may never see or speak to each other again, but will always remain in our thoughts, prayers and memories.

RIP Duffy, Legg and Emard. 1-87th Inf, 10th Mountain Division, Ft. Drum, NY God Bless Them All

1 comment:

Unknown said...

May Almighty God Bless these fine men and comfort the families and friends who love them so!
~AM