Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Addendum

My addendum from my last post. I have a question. Many if not all of us can't wait until our child returns home from war, we truly don't want our children in harm's way. So my question is this, and maybe it's only me, then why is it that when our son/daughter returns home and maybe even gets out of the military do we still don our military "stuff". I still have my Army Mom license plate in the window of my car and I can't seem to bring myself to remove my "shrine" of my son and all military stuff from my office. I think this is the true love / hate relationship.

1 comment:

SUE said...

I found your blog through another website. Many of the things you are sharing hits right at home with me. My oldest son is deployed for the first time. I am finding alot of comfort in your blog sharing. I think Moms will still wear our patriotic shirts, jewerly, etc.. because we are proud of our soldiers and we truly know what a priveledge it is to be a American!