Thursday, October 22, 2009

All I can say is WOW!

I'm kinda stunned and at the same time I have to laugh.  Several weeks ago I had a dream that my son was deploying back to war.  All the fears and anxieties were all there in my dream.  I woke up and thought, thank goodness it was just a dream, he's not going to deploy again.  I thought I would mention it to a friend of mine for some sense of documentation just in case but I said nothing else to the others....Well my son called me yesterday to ask my opinion or at least thoughts about him re-enlisting in Active Duty.  Wow, what do I say?  All I could really muster up was make sure the decision you make you can live with.  I just want him to be happy.  Of course and then I said, you know you'll probably deploy again.  Sigh, I don't really know what to say.  The economy is in the tank, he has no job, he's in school but that's no guarantee of getting a job, not anymore.  I guess really all I can do is wait and see what he decides to do.  He wants to talk to a recruiter before making his final decision, so I will wait...


...and try to remain calm. ohmmmmmm, ohmmmmmmm...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

karen...it is not easy to be the parent of adult children...it is much more difficult to be the mom of a soldier!
I'll pray for you and your son as he makes his decision.
~AM

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, my friend!
~AM